Jul 28, 2011

Smokeless Cigarettes, Anyone?

Juvéderm-Specialized-Mazda will be racing two UCI World Cup races in Sweden this weekend.  The first race is a team time trial, on Friday, and the second is a road race on Sunday.  We flew out of Belgium this morning and landed in the home of IKEA this afternoon.

It was my first time flying with a particular discount airline.  I was actually pleasantly surprised, it wasn't as bad as some people and some YouTube videos had made it out to be.  One thing that I found to be quite different from my other flying experiences however, was that the flight attendants were constantly coming over the loud speakers trying to sell things.  First hot drinks.  Then food.  Then perfume and toys.  Then lotto tickets.  Then smokeless cigarettes...the best part.  Let me explain:

The guy comes across the PA system with a sales pitch for these "smokeless cigarettes".  He was trying really hard.  You can tell he's new to this whole sales deal though.  He pushed the fact that you could smoke these cigarettes in areas that were normally "closed" to smokers, like cinemas, restaurants...and then he paused.  I could tell he was trying really hard to come up with another place where you're not allowed to smoke.  Finally he added: "and, helicopters".   I burst out laughing.  He looked at me a little sheepishly but I think he appreciated that I was at least was listening to his spiel...

There was no movie, but the in-flight entertainment wasn't so bad afterall. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment