Mar 19, 2012

Final Stage: Criterium at the 2012 San Dimas Stage Race

Today was unseasonably cold.  We woke up to see Mount Baldy dusted with snow.  Riding to the race we were pelted in the face with a bit of hail.  Once again, we were well dressed with the digs that Champion Systems outfitted us with.  I was pretty much decked out the same way I would have been for cross country skiing.  I was comfortable.

The rain held off for the race though.  My teammate Jade Wilcoxson rode in the break that peeled off from the field early in the race.  She sprinted across the line in 2nd place, just behind Ina Tuetenburg.  Nice podium!  Along with a great performace in the prologue, this earned Jade a 5th place overall in the San Dimas Stage Race.  My other teammate Joëlle kept her 3rd place in the general classification which she pulled off with a super time trial as well as an excellent day in the breakaway of the second stage road race.

The San Dimas Stage Race was a great way for me to kick off my 2012 season, and Optum Pro Cycling presented by Kelly Benefits Strategies brought home some impressive results.  I love seeing orange on the podium.  Good job girls!

We're off to Redlands tomorrow, and racing will start again on Thursday.

Thank you to all of our sponsors and supporters

No comments:

Post a Comment