Aug 28, 2012

World Championships 2012: Pre-Selection


I'm proud to announce that I am a part of the pool of athletes that the Cycling Canada (Canadian National Cycling Team) has pre-selected for the World Championships, being held on September 22 2012 in Holland.  The final selections will be announced in September.

In the meantime, I will be in Belgium and France with Cycling Canada in prepartion for the Championships.  The Tour de l'Ardèche in south-eastern France will be the ideal race for myself, and some of the other Canadian riders to prepare for the big event at the end of the month.

Regardless of whether I make the final cut or not, I will miss the World Tour races in Québec City and Montréal this year.  As a spectator, of course.  These races are only for men.  Every year, I had gone out to cheer on the Canadian athletes in the peloton.  I even have some new flashy shorts to go with my cheering-kit this year.  I'm a little disappointed, but, I always told myself that I would be there for every edition, unless I absolutely ''couldn't'', and that would be for a single reason: my own bike races, and hopefully someday, ''Worlds'' (as we so fondly call the World Championships).  I'm bringing my flashy shorts across the Pond with me...
Anita Mac http://anitamacphotos.wordpress.com/category/photo-challenge-travel-by-the-alphabet/page/2/





No comments:

Post a Comment