Feb 7, 2013

500% Inflation on the Price of Wishes.

In Canada this week, the cost of wishes rose by 500%.  I won't pretend to be an expert in economy.  I studied medical biology in university, worked in a lab, and race bikes.  But I scored an "A" in the sole economy class that I took to compliment my degree.  So I can at least make an educated guess that it's a good thing that we don't interpret the rate of inflation based soley on  the price of wishes...

I'm on a tight budget, so I came up with a couple of ways to get around the enormous price increase.  USA isn't far away and I spend a lot of time there.  Wishes still cost the same in America, and waiting to cross the border to make a wish is a feasable solution.  Another option is to stockpile now-outdated Canadian wishing currency for its original value while we still can.  And hopefully, the currency will remain functional for its purpose: wish making.

On February 4, 2013, the penny was officially eliminated from Canadian currency.  Wishes now have to be paid for in nickels in shopping mall fountains, goldfish ponds, sparkly streams, and wishing wells. 

Your grandkids, who will be used to casting 5-cents coins will be baffled by the idea that wishes once only cost 1 cent...

No comments:

Post a Comment