Mar 10, 2013

I love fish.

I'm at training camp with NOW and Novartis for MS Womens' Pro Cycling Team. 

My life has been changed forever.  Okay I'm kidding.  But I tried something new.  A few years ago my dad told me that I "needed" to try a fish taco in California.  I'd never heard of a fish taco before, and it sounded like a greasy, deep-fried  fast food item on a value menu to me.  Had he not suggested I try one, I probably would have just stuck with eating pickled herring out of a jar.  Mmm.  My favorite.
So after riding, we took the FORD C-Max Hybrid team car and drove out to State Street Santa Barbara, and found me a fish taco.  I had been putting it off for 3 years, and that was long enough.
 So what's the verdict?  Ah, they're alright.  But they sure do not come close to beating NordSee's pickled herring sandwiches.  I hope franchises start opening up on this side of The Pond ... SOON!

2 comments:

  1. It's great to see that you have an open mind (and an open stomach!). When you do your first Tour du Faso (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tour_du_Faso) be sure to try the "Goat on a stick". Mmmm good...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, sounds good!
    And that Tour sounds like fun too. They'll have to start one up for the women though...

    ReplyDelete