Dec 23, 2013

Good news, we made it to the next step!

In November 2013 I had the opportunity to spend 2 weeks in Los Angeles with the Canadian National Team, at the Vélo Sports Center Vélodrome.  National Team programs are often self-funded, as was this one.  Thanks to everyone who made it possible for me to get to Los Angeles.
Good news, we made it to the next step!  I've been chosen to continue in the program.  I am invited to spend a good part of January at the vélodrome in Los Angeles with the Canadian National team.  Here is why this is such a big deal:  This is where the final decision on which athletes will continue in the permanent program (ultimate goal: Rio 2016) will be made.  Thank you to everyone who contributed to helping get me to Los Angeles for the first round.  This truly feels like a team-effort.  We've made it to the next step!

A GoFundMe campaign has been established help cover the costs of participating in this round of the project.  The cost is quite substantial (it's outlined here), but I don't want finances to get in my way of giving my best shot again.

Thanks to everyone who has believed in me, and thank you so much for your support.

Lex's GoFundMe fundraiser : http://www.gofundme.com/5w1tkk
Photo copyright : Justin Knotzke.  www.justinknotzke.com


1 comment: