Apr 10, 2014

On the Podium at Sea Otter Classic 2014

Team TWENTY16 podiumed on the first day of the Sea Otter Classic at the Laguna Seca Speedway in Monterey, CA.

Two days after arriving in California for a hard 6-week block of racing and training, I crashed 15 minutes into stage 2 of the San Dimas Stage Race, suffering a minor concussion.  I pulled out of the race immediately, and stayed on the sidelines of the following stage race, Redlands Bicycle Classic.  It was hard to sit out.  I spent my time colouring pictures, sleeping, and chilling poolside.  Gradually, I reincorporated riding back into my days, slowly but surely.  If there were any minor symptoms, I pulled back immediately, and let myself rest.  I really appreciate the patience and support from my teammates and TWENTY16's management. 




The Sea Otter Classic is my first race back in action with TWENTY16 and I was thrilled to represent our colours on the podium at the first day of this huge cycling event.


Check out this video!

2 comments: